Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cello Practice!

I was getting ready to take the boys to the library today when I heard them conspiring to put on a concert on April 14.  The date isn't significant, but we have been talking about how to read calendars and the days of the week/months of the year.  So I guess it's good that they know April 14 is soon!  This was their spontaneous and unsupervised practice.  I tried to get it on video without their knowing, but they caught me, so they were aware that I was recording here.

The words to the song they're singing are  "Ants, Ants, Ants.  Digging in the dirt, dirt, dirt.  Going in the ground, ground, ground.  All the way to China, China, China."  The song is intended to teach the names of the open strings (A, D, G, C), but since they aren't readers, they don't quite get it.

No comments: