Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fantastic Fridays

I'll write more about this in my blog soon, but just to catch you up, the boys have been attending a home school co-op called Fantastic Fridays. Yesterday Ms. Kathleen, our family's very sweet and very talented cello teacher, joined our music class for a cello demonstration.

the class, singing a warm-up song
The children were very engaged in the lesson.
She's amazing with kids.
tuning Jackson's tiny cello
Jackson, nervously waiting for his introduction
Jackson and Ms. Kathleen, playing Twinkle, Twinkle together


She was absolutely amazing. One little boy, who is known to be a little talkative and rowdy, shouted out that he wanted a cello too and that he was sad because he didn't have one. Awesome, huh? My sweet Jackson was very shy while she was there (he's actually coming out of his shell quite a bit in this class because he has a couple of friends he enjoys playing with), but he played like a champ. Afterwards he told me it was hard to play for his friends. I can relate. But he did it, and that makes him a hero, I think.
When we got home, I took a few more shots because it was Aaron's birthday. Don't I have the sweetest boys in the world?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Arrons outfit. He is getting so big. So are Jackson and EI. I just love those boys. Hope you all are doing well.

Unknown said...

They are the sweetest, smartest, most talented, well-behaved little boys I've ever known.

Does God know how to bless a Nana or not? :-}